Is your missing or damaged tooth stopping you from having a brilliant smile? You might need the best replacement of all times – dental implants. Yes, it is a safe and effective solution that can vastly improve your teeth’ appearance and overall health. The procedure is simple and painless. However, getting them from a trusted dentist is advised. If you decide to get one, here’s all you need to know.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants serve as artificial tooth roots. Implants are a solid basis for either fixed (permanent) or removable replacement teeth that are custom-made to match your original teeth. Many dentists also advise dental implants to hold dentures in place. Generally, quality dental implants are made of titanium or titanium alloy because they show excellent corrosion resistance and good hard-tissue compatibility.
5 Benefits of getting dental implants
- Improves teeth appearance: Damaged or missing teeth might not be so pleasing to look at. However, by getting dental implants, you get back the charm of a complete set of teeth.
- Prevents bone loss: When you lose teeth, your jaw’s bone density also frequently decreases. To balance the mass, the jawbone requires stimulation, which it receives when you have teeth in place. Here, dental implants are the only tooth replacement method that stimulates jaw bone and aids in preventing bone loss.
- Keeps cavities at bay: Artificial teeth, at some point, require maintenance to stop bacteria from growing in your mouth and leading to infections. However, because dental implants are comprised of materials like titanium, they don’t decay.
- Improves speech: Ill-fitting dentures can be embarrassing as they may slide about in your mouth, causing you to stammer or murmur. But as you get dental implants, it holds them in place, and you can speak without worrying!
- Facilitates chewing: Chewing can be challenging with sliding dentures. Dental implants mimic natural teeth’ function, allowing you to chew painlessly and confidently.
Ideally, getting implants in Auckland is a two-step process. Here’s how:
1. Implant insertion
A dental implant, often a thin titanium or titanium-alloy screw, is inserted into the jawbone to hold a custom-constructed dental crown in place. This implant is left to fuse with the jaw bone, also known as implant insertion.
2. Implant repair
The second step includes attaching the dentures to the implants. Your denture or crown is tailor-made to match the colour, shape, and size of your other teeth.
The maintenance of dental implants is just the same as that of natural teeth. You brush, floss, and maintain good oral health. However, ensure you get it cleaned professionally or visit your dentist every six months.
When done by professionals, dental implants have a proven track record of success! So, if you are also planning to get quality implants, get in touch with Chapel Park Dental. They are well-known for their range and quality of services at the most reasonable rates. Need a dental implant soon? Book an appointment today.